Woodside Administration Building
Founded in 1891, the 135-acre Woodside Cemetery & Arboretum has a strong family heritage in the Middletown, Ohio market area. The cemetery performs approximately 550 interments a year and provides on-site cremations and cremation services. The new building contains 6,300 square feet of administrative and family functions on the main level. For after-hours use, the 100-guest luncheon room and cemetery restrooms are separated from the administrative and counseling areas. The family room is dividable for concurrent lunches or civic functions. Food service and clean-up are provided by an off-site caterer. The first impression of the building will be that of a steeply pitched roof, heavily textured walls, and prominent limestone quoins. The appearance of the building is a cousin to the historic granite-clad cemetery chapel building nearby. Exterior materials are split-face, ashlar patterned stone, and green shingles. Cemetery operations, sales, and family counseling services ring the high-ceiling entrance lobby. The lobby provides for visitor waiting and displays the heritage of Woodside through photographic wall hangings. The interior spaces are finished in rich wood with soft carpeting.